Texas Green Card Lawyers

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) presents 2 primary pathways to obtain Lawful Permanent Resident Status (a Green Card):

Pathway 1 – Adjustment of Status:

Adjustment of status is an alternate means to obtain a green card without having to  depart the United States. Your Adjustment interview will take place at a local USCIS Field Office inside the United States.

If you are trying to determine whether or not you qualify for a Green Card, we encourage you to carefully review the information  and resources we have provided for your benefit.

USCIS has published detailed guidance on this topic available at Green Card Processes & Procedures.

Pathway 2 – Consular Processing:

If you are requesting a Green Card through consular processing, you will eventually be required to depart the United States and attend an immigrant interview at a consulate abroad.

Contact Us for an Evaluation

Planning for the Adjustment of Status Pathway:

  1. Review USCIS guidance to determine the Green Card Eligibility Category that most closely resembles your personal circumstances. USCIS offers seven major green card eligibility categories: (1) Family-Based; (2) Employment-Based; (3) Special Immigrant; (4) Refugee/Asylee; (5) Human-Trafficking Victims; (6) Crime Victims; AND (7) Other Immigration Programs.
  2. While the vast majority of applicants file under a family based category, an experienced immigration attorney should help you navigate more nuanced alternatives.
  3. Adhere to the highest standards, as diligent preparation strengthens your case. Don’t withhold facts from your lawyer. Provide your lawyer with all documentation and information as soon as possible, and maintain an organized copy of all records for continued collaboration with our office.

Planning for the Consular Processing Pathway:

  1. The first step in Consular Processing is for your family member or your employer to file an immigration petition identifying you as the immigrant beneficiary.
  2. Upon approval of the immigrant petition referred to in Step 1, you should check the U.S. State Department’s Visa Bulletin Page to see if a visa is available. Visa availability is depends on which*** you full under. If you are unfamiliar with legal lingo, we encourage you to seek advice from an experienced immigration lawyer.
  3. Once an immigrant visa number is available, you  apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a lawful permanent resident.